Quercetin dihydrate 95% is a powdered supplement available in a 50g quantity. It is a flavonoid compound found in various fruits, vegetables, and plants. Here are some key points about Quercetin dihydrate:
1. Antioxidant properties: Quercetin dihydrate acts as a potent antioxidant, helping to neutralize harmful free radicals in the body. This antioxidant activity can help protect cells from oxidative stress and damage.
2. Anti-inflammatory effects: Research suggests that Quercetin dihydrate may have anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting certain enzymes and pathways involved in inflammation. This makes it of interest for potential use in managing inflammatory conditions.
3. Immune support: Quercetin dihydrate has been shown to exhibit immunomodulatory effects by regulating immune cell function and cytokine production. It may help support a healthy immune system and promote overall immune health.
4. Cardiovascular benefits: Some studies suggest that Quercetin dihydrate may have cardiovascular benefits by improving endothelial function and reducing blood pressure levels. It may also help reduce LDL cholesterol oxidation, potentially lowering the risk of heart disease.
5. Potential anticancer properties: Preliminary research has shown that Quercetin dihydrate exhibits anticancer properties by inhibiting the growth and proliferation of cancer cells. However, further studies are needed to fully understand its potential role in cancer prevention or treatment.
6. Other potential benefits: Quercetin dihydrate has been investigated for its potential effects on allergies, respiratory health (including asthma), diabetes management, and cognitive function. While preliminary findings are promising, more research is needed to confirm these effects.
It’s important to note that while Quercetin dihydrate is generally considered safe when consumed through dietary sources, supplements should be taken under the guidance of a healthcare professional, especially at higher doses. As with any supplement or medication, individual results and interactions may vary, and it’s always best to consult with a qualified healthcare provider before starting any new supplementation regimen.