Setipiprant is a powder pharmaceutical compound available in a 5g quantity. Here are some key details about Setipiprant:
1. Usage: Setipiprant is a selective antagonist of the prostaglandin D2 receptor subtype 2 (DP2), also known as the chemoattractant receptor homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2). It is primarily used for research and experimental purposes.
2. Mechanism of Action: As a DP2 antagonist, Setipiprant blocks the binding of prostaglandin D2 to its receptor, thereby reducing inflammation and its associated effects.
3. Research Applications: Setipiprant has been investigated for various conditions such as allergic rhinitis, asthma, and other inflammatory disorders related to prostaglandin D2 receptors.
4. Dosage: The dosage and administration of Setipiprant should be determined by healthcare professionals or researchers based on specific requirements, animal models, or clinical studies.
5. Side Effects: Like any pharmaceutical compound, Setipiprant may have potential side effects. It is important to consult with healthcare professionals or refer to relevant literature for more information on safety profiles and precautions.
6. Availability: Setipiprant is typically available as a powder form for research purposes only and should not be used for human consumption without proper authorization and regulatory compliance.
7. Legal Considerations: The legal status of Setipiprant may vary depending on the jurisdiction and its intended use. Researchers must ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations governing the acquisition, possession, and distribution of this compound.
Please note that while this information provides a general overview of Setipiprant, it is not intended as medical advice or recommendation. Always consult with qualified professionals before using or administering any substance for research purposes or otherwise